Friday, April 22, 2005

Worldspace Asia

So among the varied things I do when I am not working ( and sometimes, even when I am) is writing articles on music for the Worldspace Asia website. Get paid for it, too, which is the icing on the cake. I am supposed to write regular articles for The System, which is the worldspace channel dedicated to dance and electronic music. On the side, I write reviews and profiles of country music artistes, the kind of folks Chandru got me acquainted with.

Now whenever I tell my friends about this, the first reaction is "Pass link", and my reaction to that is - depending on whether I am online then or not, is to tell them - "go to the site, click on list all features, scroll down to 'The System' section, and check 'em out." But then, I also want to show them the non-electronica stuff I write about, and that becomes a problem. So the best alternative is to go to the site myself and laborously copy-paste the links in a mail and send it to them. Which is, to put it frankly, a BFC ( for non-Doom players, that's "Big F***ing Chore")

So now that I got myself this blog, I think I can look at an orderly way of presenting the links to the written stuff. So here goes -

On Bjork. The very first article I wrote.

Carl Perkins and Blue Suede Shoes.

An article on the Vocoder.

The Prodigy.

A review of Eminem's Encore. Personally, I find this the worst of everything I've written so far.

Sam Phillips and Sun Records.

On trance music. What I wrote was far longer than this.

Intelligent Dance Music.

A look at Passion: The Soundtrack to the Last Temptation of Christ.

Funny, but I remember writing a review of Fatboy Slim's Palookaville and a look at the soundtrack of O Brother Where Art Thou, which seem to have disappeared from the site. Need to check with the site-admin and figure out where they have disappeared to.

Gah, but some of the articles are really crap. I think there's too much of a fanboy in me to write about something without beginning to gush about it. But what the heck, I'm trying!

No comments: